This line intentionally left blank.
The UW Department of Bioengineering is pleased to announce our
2022 UW BioE Graduation Celebration
Date: Wednesday, June 8
Doors open at 11:30 am
Start time: 11:45 am
End time: 2:30 pm
This event will also be live-streamed on the Bioengineering department’s YouTube channel for the benefit of family and friends who cannot join us in person. Watch the live-stream on the UW BioE YouTube channel.
We are excited for the 2022 UW BioE Graduation Celebration, where we will welcome the Class of 2022 and recent graduates back to campus to celebrate in person! Graduates from the Classes of 2020, 2021 and 2022 are all invited to participate in this BioE event.
What COVID-19 protocols are in place for this event?
- Attendees are encouraged to take a COVID-19 viral test prior to the event. Testing before gathering with others can help prevent COVID-19 transmission. Testing within 72 hours of an event is recommended if using a PCR test, testing day of the event is recommended if using a rapid antigen test. Testing 3 to 5 days after attending an event is also encouraged.
- If anyone has current COVID-like symptoms on the day of the ceremony (such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, headache, sore throat, runny nose), we ask that they please do not attend, regardless of negative COVID test. Those with any symptoms, or those who have been instructed to isolate or quarantine by a public health professional, should stay home and watch the live-stream of the event as described below.
- We strongly recommend and encourage COVID-19 vaccinations before attending.
- We strongly recommend and encourage the use of face coverings.
- We recommend and encourage use of the WA Notify smartphone app.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
When should I arrive?
The start time for our celebration is 11:45, and the doors will open for seating at 11:30.
Graduating students: Check-in will begin at 10:30 in the lobby of Kane Hall. You will be directed to your line-up area.
Faculty: Please check in by 11:15.
Please note: Food and drinks are prohibited inside Roethke Auditorium.
Where can I park?
If you or your guests are driving to campus, please note that parking permits are required and can be requested early through the UW commencement website. Please refer to the site for more details: http://www.washington.edu/graduation/parking-2/
Will the event be live-streamed on the internet?
We have arranged for this event to be live-streamed on the Bioengineering department’s YouTube channel for the benefit of family and friends who cannot join us in person. Watch the live-stream on the UW BioE YouTube channel.
The 2022 University of Washington Commencement Ceremony will take place on the afternoon of Saturday, June 11, at Husky Stadium. For more information, please visit the Commencement website.
For those who completed degrees in 2019-2020 (Class of 2020) and 2020-2021 (Class of 2021), the Return to Husky Stadium Graduation Celebration will take place on Sunday, June 12, at Husky Stadium.