On Tuesday, September 27, UW Bioengineering held an Undergraduate Orientation event for freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. 160 students attended the event, which served to welcome students to the new academic year, and provided an opportunity for students to network with each other, faculty and staff.
The event included a resource fair that was coordinated by Academic Counselor Holly Williams that offered information about department and campus organizations and resources available to help students make the most of their UW experience. Participating organizations included:
- Bioengineers without Borders
- Society of Women Engineers
- Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship
- Husky Leadership Initiative
- UW Study Abroad, Career Center @ Engineering
- BioE Peer Advisors
- Science and Engineering Business Association (SEBA)
- UW Health and Wellness, GlobeMed
- Alpha Epsilon Delta Pre-Medical Honor Society
- Engineers Without Borders
- Neurobiology Club
Students had the opportunity to take a photo in the department’s “photo booth,” which was created by the BioE admin office for the 11th Annual Decoration Challenge sponsored by UW’s Dawg Daze.
Thanks to BioE lecturers Dianne Hendricks, Alyssa Taylor, Karen Thickman and Chris Neils, Associate Professor Daniel Ratner, and Holly Williams for making the event a success!