Creativity, problem solving and leadership – The core tools of improving lives through bioengineering
At UW Bioengineering, students, internationally-recognized faculty and seasoned professionals come together in idea-percolating collaborations. With unparalleled access to resources, and through the process of discovery, our students graduate as leaders in innovation, prepared to take on biomedical challenges and improve lives.
What makes UW Bioengineering unique?
- Located in Seattle, epicenter of global health efforts and vibrant local bioengineering industry
- Joint department in nationally recognized School of Medicine and College of Engineering
- Small class sizes translate to increased student success
- World-class research opportunities for every student
- Internationally recognized academic programs at all levels
- Faculty and alumni pioneers of biomedical innovation since the 1950’s
- Supportive, collaborative community