Personal attention in small classes. A culture of collaboration. Research opportunities with renowned faculty.
UW Bioengineering undergraduate students receive the tools, opportunities and experiences necessary to take on medical challenges, work in today’s multidisciplinary teams, and improve lives.
Apply to UW Bioengineering’s undergraduate program
UW students admitted to the College of Engineering as Engineering Undeclared students can request placement at the end of freshman year. We also offer admission for transfer students and others who wish to apply during their sophomore year.
Undergraduate program at a glance
- Excellence – Consistently ranks highly amongst the nation’s biomedical engineering undergraduate programs by US News and World Report
- Real-world focus – Teamwork, communication skills, problem-solving skills, systems analysis, interdisciplinary projects, emphasis on leadership and creativity
- Hands on research – Students work with research or clinical faculty to complete a research capstone project
- Culture of community – A supportive, collaborative environment
- Quality of students – Alumni include Goldwater, Luce, Rhodes and Gates Cambridge Scholars; one Bonderman Fellow; College of Engineering Dean’s Medalists; multiple NASA Space Grant; and more than 100 Mary Gates Scholars.