UW Bioengineering is inventing the future of medicine and we are eager to share our mission with the public. We welcome interview request from members of the media as well as encourage our faculty to publicize their research as appropriate. Please review the following guidelines for pursuing media coverage of our research and education programs.
For members of the media
If you need help contacting a faculty member, or are looking for an expert in a particular area, please contact James Urton at UW News and Information at 206-543-2580, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Laura Wright, UW Bioengineering communications team manager, at 206-543-8958, email@example.com.
- Refer to department as “University of Washington Bioengineering” or “University of Washington Department of Bioengineeing”. Please do not abbreviate the department’s name (e.g. “BioE”).
- Refer to field or discipline of “bioengineering” in lowercase.
- Refer to faculty members as “University of Washington (or UW) Department of Bioengineering rank (eg, assistant professor, associate professor, professor)”
- If a faculty member is joint in another department, please list all affiliated departments as “University of Washington professor of x and y”
- If unsure about someone’s title or affiliation, please inquire by contacting our communications team.
- Photos: Please ask faculty directly for photo, or contact our communications team.
- Logos: Please refer to UW Marketing guidelines for appropriate use of UW logo.
- We do not pay for marketing or publicity services from external vendors.