1. Thompson RE, Pardieck J, Smith L, Kenny P, Crawford L, Shoichet, M, Sakiyama-Elbert S. Effect of Hyaluronic Acid Hydrogels Containing Astrocyte-Derived Extracellular Matrix and/or V2a Interneurons on Histologic Outcomes following Spinal Cord Injury. Biomaterials 162, 208-223, 2018.
2. Iyer N, Huettner JE, Butts JC, Brown CR and?Sakiyama-Elbert SE. Generation of Highly Enriched V2a Interneurons from Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells. Experimental Neurology, 277:305-16, 2016.
3. Marquardt LM, Ee X, Iyer N, Hunter DA, Wood MD,?Sakiyama-Elbert?SE. Finely Tuned Temporal and Spatial Delivery of GDNF Promotes Enhanced Nerve Regeneration in a Long Nerve Defect Model. Tissue Eng Part A, 21:2852-2864, 2015.
4. Wilems TS, Pardieck J, Iyer N, Sakiyama-Elbert SE. Combination Therapy of Stem Cell Derived Neural Progenitors and Drug Delivery of Anti-Inhibitory Molecules for Spinal Cord Injury. Acta Biomaterialia, 28:23-32, 2015.
5. Jesuraj NJ, Santosa KB, MacEwan MR, Moore AM, Kasukurthi R, Ray WR, Flagg ER, Hunter DA, Borschel GH, Johnson PJ, Mackinnon SE, and Sakiyama-Elbert SE. “Schwann Cells Seeded in Acellular Nerve Grafts Improve Functional Recovery”. Muscle and Nerve 49(2):267-76, 2014.
6. Wood, MD, MacEwan MR, French AR, Moore, AM, Hunter, Mackinnon, SE, Moran DW, Borschel, GH, and Sakiyama-Elbert, SE. Fibrin Matrices with Affinity-based Delivery Systems and Neurotrophic Factors Promote Functional Nerve Regeneration. Biotechnology and Bioengineering 106:970-979, 2010.
7. Johnson, PJ, Tatara, A, Shiu, A, Sakiyama-Elbert, SE. Controlled release of neurotrophin-3 and platelet derived growth factor from fibrin scaffolds containing neural progenitor cells enhances survival and differentiation into neurons in a subacute model of SCI.? Cell Transplantation 19: 89-101, 2010.
8. Willerth, SM, Faxel, TE, Gottlieb, D, and Sakiyama-Elbert, SE.? The Effects of Soluble Growth Factors on Embryonic Stem Cell Differentiation Inside of Fibrin Scaffolds.?Stem Cells 25(9):2235-2244, 2007.
9. Taylor, SJ, Rosenzweig, ES, McDonald, JW, Sakiyama-Elbert, SE. Controlled Delivery of Neurotrophin-3 from Fibrin Scaffolds Enhances Neural Fiber Sprouting After Spinal Cord Injury. Journal of Controlled Release 113:225-235, 2006.
10. Lee, AC, Yu, VM, Lowe, JB, Brenner, MJ, Hunter, DA, Mackinnon, SE, and Sakiyama-Elbert, SE. Controlled Release of Nerve Growth Factor Enhances Sciatic Nerve Regeneration. Experimental Neurology 184(1): 295-303, 2003.