19th UWEB21 Biomaterials Intensive Short Course: Biomaterials: The Platform Technology of Medical Devices
August 14 to August 16, 2014
University of Washington Campus
(early registration rates in effect through August 2, 2014)
A 2.5 day introduction to biomaterials, medical devices and biocompatibility presented by the experts.
This short course reviews basic principles of biomaterials science: biocompatibility, biomaterials biology, proteins at surfaces, blood compatibility, bacterial biofilms, drug delivery, and gene delivery.
- You will learn the basics of reading histological slides, of surface modification, and of surface analysis.
- You will learn about biomaterials in orthopedics, dermatology, cardiovascular medicine, ophthalmology, and gynecology (from leading MD practitioners in these fields).
- You will be introduced to the evolving and contentious areas of medical devices: e.g. stents, meshes, breast implants.
- We will explore what’s next in biomaterials — a look to the future.
- You’ll receive extensive web-based, downloadable course materials and a textbook option.
- You’ll be introduced to UWEB21 – a resource focused on biomaterials and medical devices.
For further information: ude.n1511122225otgni1511122225hsaw.1511122225rgne.1511122225bewu@1511122225esruo1511122225ctroh1511122225s1511122225 or 206-685-1005