UW Bioengineering’s BioEngage program is ramping up for another exciting year of programming and events! Here’s a recap of last year’s highlights, and what we’re planning for the upcoming months.
Year One Highlights
- Three Technical Symposium with over 25 companies in attendance.
- Three alumni and industry happy hours
- Site visits to Nanostring, GE Healthcare and the Institute for Systems Biology (ISB).
- Meet & Eat lunch events with Philips Ultrasound and Physio-Control
- Career meet-up with Juno Therapeutics
- All-day department visit with Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- UW Bioengineering Capstone Symposium
- Buddy Ratner Webinar – Biomaterials: Origins, Impacts & Prognostications
Upcoming Event: BioEngage Industry Mixer
Enjoy an evening with BioE students and leading company recruiters in the biotech and biomedical fields. The night will include student research presentations, company information sessions and networking over refreshments and light hors d’oeuvres.
To RSVP, please visit http://bioengagemixer.eventbrite.com.
Events we’re planning for Year Two:
- Technical Symposia (Winter and Spring 2017)
- Meet & Eat lunches
- Happy hours
- Student site visits
- Company visits
- And many more…
Want to get involved? Here are some ways how:
- Host a seminar
- Host info sessions for students
- Meet with BioE faculty
- Participate in networking sessions with Seattle industry
- Other activities designed for you
Thank you for supporting BioEngage during our first year. We look forward to seeing you at future events.
BioEngage is building mutually beneficial relationships between the University of Washington Department of Bioengineering and the biomedical translation-commercialization sector — companies, nonprofits, entrepreneurs and investors.